Listen below with the audio player or Click Here
for complete show notes and video from the show.
* Jorge sent us this which we talked about a long time ago
* James May and his full-size Lego house nobody wants | Daily Mail Online
* Follow up
* James May’s LEGO House Officially Demolished – TechEBlog
On This Day In History for May 20, 2020
This is the 141st day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 225 days remaining in 2020.
* It was on this date in 1570, that Cartographer Abraham Ortelius issued Theatrum Orbis Terrarum, the first modern atlas.
* Also on May 20, 1609, Shakespeare’s sonnets were first published in London, perhaps illicitly, by the publisher Thomas Thorpe..
* 158 years ago today, U.S. President Abraham Lincoln signed the Homestead Act into law, opening 84 million acres of public land to settlers..
* Levi Strauss and Jacob Davis receive a U.S. patent for blue jeans with copper rivets. on this date in 1873.
* That same date in 1875, Signing of the Metre Convention by 17 nations leading to the establishment of the International System of Units.
* On May 20, 1883, Krakatoa began to erupt; the volcano exploded three months later, killing more than 36,000 people.
* Also today in 1891, The first public display of Thomas Edison’s prototype kinetoscope.
* May 20, 1932, Amelia Earhart takes off from Newfoundland to begin the world’s first solo nonstop flight across the Atlantic Ocean by a female pilot, landing in Ireland the next day.
* 56 years ago today, Discovery of the cosmic microwave background radiation by Robert Woodrow Wilson and Arno Penzias.
* Also today in 1983, First publications of the discovery of the HIV virus that causes AIDS in the journal Science by Luc Montagnier.
* That same date in 2019, The International System of Units redefined the base units, making the international prototype of the kilogram obsolete.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
* American businessman and politician, co-founded Wells Fargo and American Express, William Fargo, born on this date in 1818.
* Born May 20, 1851, German-American inventor, invented the Gramophone record Emile Berliner.
* German chemist, zymologist, and academic, Nobel Prize laureate, Eduard Buchner, born on this date in 1860.
* Born May 20, 1879, German chemist Hans Meerwein.
* English engineer, designed the Supermarine Spitfire and Supermarine S.6B, R. J. Mitchell, born on this date in 1895.
* James Stewart, the American actor was born 112 years ago today.
* Born May 20, 1925, Russian engineer, designed the Tupolev Tu-144 Alexei Tupolev.
* Joe Cocker, English singer-songwriter was born on that same date in 1944.
* Also born on that same date in 1946, American singer-songwriter, producer, and actress, Cher.
* Also turning 71 today is Canadian actor,