* A brief mention of listener metrics.
* No lack of pop-culture references for Swordmasters
* But not Jedi
* Panache, style, presentation.
* Warriors versus Swordmasters
* Important Attributes: Charisma and Dexterity
* Combat as a dance
* Artisan Skills and Half-Magic
* Swordmaster schools and styles.
* Old dueling manuals.
* Princess Bride duel between Inigo and Westley.
* Jackie Chan versus Bruce Lee
* Not limited to swords!
* Combat Discipline Durability
* Novice Tier Discipline Talents
* Agility-style fighters, lack the endurance and resistance talents of the Warrior.
* Maneuver and a sidebar about numerical advantage
* Taunt: Penalize opponent to make it harder to hit the Swordmaster
* Balanced Social and Physical Defense bonuses.
* Riposte, one of the definitive Swordmaster talents.
* Avoid Blow OR Riposte
* Novice Tier Options
* Bladesman, Gallant, or balanced focus.
* Slightly more combat choices.
* Journeyman Tier abilities and talents
* Second Weapon, primary intended style.
* Journeyman Talent Options
* Slightly more social choices.
* No ranged attack options.
* Swordmasters using a shield.
* Novice versus Journeyman fighting styles.
* Defensive bonuses from magic items are important.
* Tend to be weak against spells and other Mystic Defense targeting effects.
* Swordmasters are great! Good mix of fighting and talking.
* Solid option if Troubadour is not as well suited to the campaign.
* Strong choice for new players.
* Iconic Discipline for a reason.
* FASA Games events and appearances.
* Last chance on the Empty Thrones Kickstarter!
Email: [email protected]
Josh on Twitter: @mataxes
Get product information, developer blogs, and more at www.fasagames.com
FASA Games on Facebook
FASA Games Discord Channel
Earthdawn Guild Facebook Group
Earthdawn West Marches