In this episode of Understood with Mitch Wallis we cover:
- what it was like to grow up having a worldwide spiritual guru as a parent
- Mallika shares incredibly beautiful insights around the power of gratitude and what setting an intent really means (beyond just what we may have read in books like The Secret).
- We discuss the usually messy and sometimes dark journey of figuring out who we really are and what we really want
- Mallika gives some invaluable advice and perspectives on parenting, and of course, meditation.
About Mallika Chopra
Mallika Chopra is one of the most prolific meditation teachers in the world. She has spoken at TedXSan Diego and TedXBerkeley, Ideacity, Business Innovation Factory, Wisdom 2.0, Women’s Conferences around the United States, and the Parliament of World Religions. She has been featured in Time Magazine’s Special Issue on Mindfulness, as well as Women’s Health, Oprah.com, Mind Body Green, and Huffington Post. She has worked with companies such as Coca Cola, Disney, LinkedIn and Google. Mallika has published several books – including her most recent project called 'Just Breathe: Meditation, Mindfulness, Movement and More' where she empowers 8-12 year old kids to learn how to deal with stress, sleep better, build self-confidence, and manage the anxiety so many of them face today. She also wrote the book 'Living With Intent: My Somewhat Messy Journey to Purpose, Peace and Joy'. A lot of people would be familiar with her father Deepak Chopra – a.k.a. male Oprah Winfrey. He is essentially the face of self-help globally and a large reason why meditation is mainstream in today’s Western world.
- Note: This episode was recorded in 2018 -
- SUBSCRIBE, RATE & REVIEW THE SHOW -
- Hotline phone number is -
- Website -
- Find me on social media -
- INTRO SONG CREDITS -
What Happens Now - Fransancisco