Today's guest is Christina P., a stand-up comedian, writer, TV personality & host of the WHERE MY MOMS AT!? podcast. It's the show by the Moms for the Moms. An open place to admit no one really knows what they're doing.
- Opinions on not wanting a previously absent, neglectful, and sometimes abusive parent ever in your life again? Is it okay to not accept the love and presence that they are now offering? I want her to stay away because it's too late and frankly I don't NEED it. People seem to be struggling with the guilt and all but I personally don't think I feel bad at all. I think I've just resented her too much.
- I'd be curious to hear both Kati's clinical perspective and Christina's comedian perspective for this question: Why do so many comedians/artists have mental health 'issues'? And which came first, the mental health abnormality or the art? Or is it a matter of personality? Inquiring minds would love to know any thoughts or insight as I...
- Hi, Kati.. + mommy ✌🏼 I’m a 29-year-old, single parent. I adopted two children from foster care. They came to me at 6 and 8 and were adopted at ages 10 and 12. I love them with my entire body, and wouldn’t change any of the decisions I’ve made...
- How healthy is it for people to be "best friends" with their moms? And at different ages, i.e. when they're still minors and growing up OR when they're both adults.
- I would love to hear about Christina’s experience of having a mother with BPD (as I do too), and if she has any tips for healing and/or detaching.
Every Tuesday & Friday Kati posts a journal prompt to help keep you motivated and working on yourself! https://www.youtube.com/katimorton/join
Where to get Kati's book
Are u ok?
Kati's Amazon Suggestions
I do not currently offer online therapy. BetterHelp can connect you with a licensed, online counselor. I receive commissions on referrals to BetterHelp. I only recommend services I know and trust.
Do you want to help me support the creation of mental health videos? https://www.katimorton.com/kati-morton-patreon/
Opinions That Don't Matter! (2nd podcast)
PO Box #665 1223 Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90403
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call a local emergency telephone number or go immediately to the nearest emergency room.
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/katimorton)