In episode 034 of Master My Garden Podcast I talk to Niall Hatch of Birdwatch Ireland. It's a great chat we talk all about, how to feed wild birds in your garden, nesting boxes, gardening to attract wild birds, the great work Birdwatch Ireland do and much more.
About Birdwatch Ireland:
We are the largest independent conservation organisation in Ireland. The primary objective of BirdWatch Ireland is the protection of wild birds and their habitats in Ireland. From our boardroom to our staff and our branches, we are passionate about what we do.
What We Do
In order to fulfil our motto of protecting birds & biodiversity we:
– Carry out extensive scientific research and survey work into Ireland’s birds.
– Operate applied conservation projects and manage a network of reserves nationwide.
– Prepare and advocate policies to protect and conserve Irish birds and their habitats.
– Promote the importance of wild birds and biodiversity through field education, dedicated media and to the national media.
– Build on existing partnerships with NGOs, with Government departments, the European Commission and farming organisations, and to establish new partnerships with other sectors.
Much of our work depends on volunteers and on our branches who are actively involved in survey, education and awareness-raising initiatives and are most familiar with local conservation issues. We take part in a number of Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) forums, such as the Sustainable Water Network (SWAN), Environmental (Ecological) NGOs Core Funding Ltd (EENGO), Working and Educating for Biodiversity (WEB) and the Irish Uplands Forum (IUF).
BirdWatch Ireland is the trading name of the Irish Wildbird Conservancy, a company limited by guarantee. It is also a registered charity.
There will be a blog post on this episode very soon on my website. This blog and previous blogs along with all podcast episodes are be available on my website
If you are enjoying the podcast it would be great if you could leave a review on Apple podcasts its good to know people are enjoying and getting something from the podcast.
If there is any topic you would like covered in future episodes please let me know, you can find me on Master My Garden social channels
or email [email protected]
Until the next time