Audience Questions for ep. 29 of Ask Kati Anything!
- Hi Kati - can you please talk about ways on how to communicate our needs and hurts to our friends without feeling like an exposed nerve when we do it? I grew up in a family that was great at being practical but was somewhat terrible at communicating honestly and being...
- What do you recommend for those who tend to isolate themselves when they’re feeling down or depressed? I push everyone I know away, and ultimately it...
- Hey Kati I am well into my 30s now but still, feel stuck in a very childlike brain. I feel very incapable of doing adult things...
- Hi Kati, how is it 'normal' to want your therapist to worry about you? I certainly don't exaggerate my issues but I just constantly crave her attention and it makes me feel...
- Hi Kati! I’m wondering if there’s anything I can do to stop having intrusive memories. I’ve always looked at past memories with a feeling of dread because I would always recall memories with...
- Hi Kati, what can we do when positive coping skills just feel too exhausting, too much, too uncomfortable, and too boring? I feel like there is so much I need to do to keep my physical and mental health and I...
- Hi Kati! What is the difference between dissociation and brain fog? I often (most of the time) feel cut off from the world and unable to take in reality. I "zone out", especially when...
- Hi Kati, can you talk about having an emotionally unintelligent parent and how that might affect us? I have been going to therapy for about 4 months now and know now that my mom is emotionally unintelligent. She can be very...
- Hi Kati - I'm a sexual abuse survivor who is currently in therapy. I've addressed the trauma, confronted my abuser, and gotten rid of the triggers that used to occur during sex itself, but I still have one nagging issue that I can't seem to get rid of...
- What does it mean when my therapist asks me to imagine or think back to something, and I can only think about the fact that I need to imagine or think back to something?
- Hey Kati! How do therapists feel when a client tells you that they are having suicidal thoughts?
Every Tuesday & Friday Kati posts a journal prompt to help keep you motivated and working on yourself! https://www.youtube.com/katimorton/join
Where to get Kati's book
Are u ok?
Kati's Amazon Suggestions
I do not currently offer online therapy. BetterHelp can connect you with a licensed, online counselor. I receive commissions on referrals to BetterHelp. I only recommend services I know and trust.
Do you want to help me support the creation of mental health videos? https://www.katimorton.com/kati-morton-patreon/
Opinions That Don't Matter! (2nd podcast)
PO Box #665 1223 Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90403
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call a local emergency telephone number or go immediately to the nearest emergency room.
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/katimorton)