Amy Webb and Cory Doctorow Fix All the Problems of Big Tech
- The dangers of dystopian thinking
- The dangers of utopian thinking
- Why we need an Office of Strategic Assessment vs why we need to break up monopolies
- Is the problem that the government can't write sensible regulation?
- Where should tech policy come from? Technologists? Smart people in government?
- Is the problem that the government lacks knowledge? Or that people in general lack knowledge? Or that they refuse to be knowledgeable?
- Bashing tech has become cool. Here's why that's dangerous.
- Lead in the water in Flint and binge drinking in Britain
- What is "The Problem" of Big Tech? Could we write a law to fix it?
- Should companies fear lawsuits?
- Is there a better way to make people and companies do things than regulation?
- Is California Prop 24 a step in the right direction?
- is Inrupt a step in the right direction?
- Privacy as a luxury good
- Five Eyes, Japan, and Australia want to end encryption, but privacy is still important
- Happy Rosh Hashanah!
- We need more public intellectuals. But there is a danger in being intellectual. And Jewish.
Host: Leo Laporte
Guests: Cory Doctorow and Amy Webb
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech