This is the 12th episode of the Social Media Security Podcast recorded March 28, 2010. This episode was hosted by Tom Eston
and Scott Wright
. Below are the show notes, links to articles and news mentioned in the podcast:
. We put together a blog post
of some must read articles on the topic.
* Rumor is that Facebook is going to use QR Codes
as part of their Geolocation strategy (mentioned by Tom).
* Joan Goodchild from CSO Online interviewed Tom and Scott for an article titled: 10 Security Reasons to Quit Facebook (and one reason to stay on)
* Fake Zynga Toolbars Will Steal Your Facebook Password
. Watch out for those “autoplayer
” scripts as well, some could be laced with evil code…
* The Majority of US, European users (still) click on Spam
* Scott’s blog post: Security pros use layered techniques, but so do attackers
. How do you address employees using social media sites at work? Blocking access isn’t always the best solution.
Please send any show feedback to feedback [aT] socialmediasecurity.com or comment below. You can also call our voice mail box at 1-613-693-0997 if you have a question for our Q&A section on the next episode. You can also subscribe to the podcast in iTunes
. Thanks for listening!