Audience Questions for ep23 of Ask Kati Anything!
- Hi Kati! I’ve heard of repressing bad memories, but is it possible to repress good memories? I had a traumatic childhood and have a lot of bad memories as a result, but as hard as I try, I can only recall a couple of good memories...
- Hi Kati, Is it normal to be defensive and sad without knowing why? In front of people, I’m always snappy and mad. Everything is so...
- How can you tell the difference between enough self-care to get through your day, and being too focused on yourself? I've been accused before of being too...
- Hi Kati, I have a paper/picture-perfect family. Problem is, I have never felt loved or cared for. I know my parents love and care for me, but I never feel any of the love, care, and support I’m supposedly...
- Dear Kati, I hope you are well. My therapist pointed out that I put a lot of effort into trying to stay a step ahead of her. I see what she means...
- Hi Kati! How can I forgive my parents for emotionally neglecting me as a child? Ever since I realized it happened, there is a lot of sadness, anger and disappointment I feel towards them...
- I was wondering which mental illnesses are chronic vs temporary, and why this is the case. Which can you fully recover from and which must you learn how to manage?
- Hey Kati! Is it normal to feel reluctant about talking about sex-related trauma with my male therapist, and do you have any tips to make it easier? I don't get a choice of therapist, as my therapy is through the NHS...
- Hi Kati! Do you ever want to tell a client to just stop complaining? I feel like I have this never-ending sequence of circumstances in my life that when...
- Hi Kati, is it normal to feel some sort of obsession with your therapist? I want to talk to her more often, I want to know more about her and I really really miss her right now as she is on holiday. Sometimes I even feel like I love her (though not in a romantic way!)...
- Would a therapist ever ask to see their client's journal, and why?
Every Tuesday & Friday Kati posts a journal prompt to help keep you motivated and working on yourself! https://www.youtube.com/katimorton/join
Where to get Kati's book
Are u ok?
Kati's Amazon Suggestions
I do not currently offer online therapy. BetterHelp can connect you with a licensed, online counselor. I receive commissions on referrals to BetterHelp. I only recommend services I know and trust.
Do you want to help me support the creation of mental health videos? https://www.katimorton.com/kati-morton-patreon/
Opinions That Don't Matter! (2nd podcast)
PO Box #665 1223 Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90403
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call a local emergency telephone number or go immediately to the nearest emergency room.
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/katimorton)