Welcome to Ask Kati Anything!, the podcast where Kati Morton, LMFT answers your mental health questions and talks about psychology.
1. Why do some people never recover from mental illnesses that most people make a recovery from (e.g. depression, rather than a chronic mental health condition such as bipolar)? Are some people just unfortunate in their brain chemistry etc or is this a reflection on our healthcare system and/or the way society views mental health?
2. Hey Kati: When you're in quarantine or self-isolating, how do you take care of your mental health as a teenager if you rely a lot on social stimulants to keep you going??
3. In light of current events: What strategies can people use to cope with sudden, massive disruptions in their daily lives? Yes specifically those with emetophobia
4. Do you have any tips for people with OCD? With everyone talking about washing hands and cleaning due to the coronavirus how do you make sure you don’t fall back into old rituals?
5. At what point does positive self talk like - Everything will be okay, I'm beautiful, I'm successful, start to become delusional?
6. While I hope I will be doing fine, I'm pretty sure some other people will struggle with this. During these crazy times, where your social life might be shut down for months potentially trapping you in your home, how can one avoid falling back into a dark place after beating these emotions only a few months ago? Social contact and going out in public would be the answer but that isn't possible right now and while Skype might help, it just isn't the same.
7. Everyone says you should be confident, whether that’s approaching someone for a date or going into a job interview or whatever. But my question is how exactly do you “be confident” how can you change yourself from a state of no confidence to a state of very confidence?
8. I tend to binge eat when I’m home. That means I’m finding it hard to be home all the time now and turn my focus away from the only thing that I find comfort from.
9. What does it mean if I want to talk to my therapist more? I find myself throughout the day wishing I could just text them about certain things. I like having the feeling that I have someone to talk to and that someone hears me.
JOURNALING CLUB Every Tuesday & Friday I post a journal prompt to help keep you motivated and working on yourself! Join Here!
Ordering my book Are u ok?
My Amazon Suggestions Often I'm referencing books and other items that people find helpful. MORE INFO
I do not currently offer online therapy. BetterHelp can connect you with a licensed, online counselor. I receive commissions on referrals to BetterHelp. I only recommend services I know and trust.
2nd PODCAST Kati and her husband Sean are talking. They have opinions but mostly, Opinions That Don't Matter!
PO Box #665 1223 Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90403
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call a local emergency telephone number or go immediately to the nearest emergency room.
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/katimorton)