This is the 20th episode of the Social Media Security Podcast recorded November 5th 2010. This episode was hosted by Tom Eston
and Scott Wright
. Below are the show notes, links to articles and news mentioned in the podcast:
– “Firefox plugin to pull active cookies from popular websites while using open wifi”.
* Facebook Responds to FireSheep
* Idiocy tool sends tweets on your behalf as a “Warning”
. Get the tool here
* How to defend against FireSheep
? Manually use HTTPS for social media sites or use a VPN while connected to open wifi..don’t forget about mobile apps! Try the HTTPS Everywhere Plugin
from the EFF or Force-TLS Plugin
* Learn more
about securing your Wifi at home.
* FireShepherd Aims to Protect Users
is another one…
* White House Forms Privacy and Internet Policy Subcommittee
* Ottawa man busted through Facebook after stealing rare Wayne Gretzky jersey
* What NOT To Post On Facebook
: 13 Things You Shouldn’t Tell Your Facebook Friends
Please send any show feedback to feedback [aT] socialmediasecurity.com or comment below. You can also call our voice mail box at 1-613-693-0997 if you have a question for our Q&A section on the next episode. You can also subscribe to the podcast in iTunes
and follow us on Twitter
. Thanks for listening!