This is the 23rd episode of the Social Media Security Podcast recorded February 25th, 2011. This episode was hosted by Tom Eston
and Scott Wright
. Below are the show notes, links to articles and news mentioned in the podcast:
* New changes to Facebook and security implications
* Facebook now supports full SSL browsing (optional), social authentication improvements
* Facebook rolls out new messaging system
* Facebook now allows iframes
within tab applications. Possible security issue with applications!
* API bug
responsible for Zuckerberg page hack
* Facebook ‘tag spam’ targets indiscriminate friend collectors
* Dispelling the Myths of Facebook Privacy and Security
* Government Calls for Privacy Protections for Device Location
* Scott’s little initiative to identify and discuss “internal” or “private” social networking tools for enterprises
* Question from a listener: What’s the business model around people search engines like Spokeo.com
? How about digital insurance?
* Check out Scott’s new Canadian security podcast: Security, Eh?
Please send any show feedback to feedback [aT] socialmediasecurity.com or comment below. You can also call our voice mail box at 1-613-693-0997 if you have a question for our Q&A section on the next episode. You can also subscribe to the podcast in iTunes
and follow us on Twitter
. Thanks for listening!