Welcome to the second episode of Ask Kati Anything!, a fun podcast with Kati Morton, LMFT where she answers your mental health questions and talks about psychology.
1. How to deal with atypical anorexia how to deal with feeling not ill enough?
2. How do you deal with clients who don't make progress or continually self-sabotage? I'm BPD and so many therapists have gotten frustrated and irritated with me for this and basically made my BPD reactions and outbursts worse by seemingly 'abandoning' me.
3. Is it truly possible to fully recover from a mental illness or is it like asthma where it's always there but can be managed? So you always have to be aware of it but there are times where it doesn't flare up and you can live a normal, healthy life? Or can it fully go and someone can come to live life fully without having to worry about depression, anxiety or an ED again?
4. How do you maintain your mental health when you are in physical pain?
5. Could you do a video about PTSD being passed down generationally? Is the Holocaust the only example of this or is it present in other instances?
6. What do you do if a client has a plan to kill themselves in the future? Like not any time too soon but they have a plan for the next month for example?
7. Is there ANYTHING practical/tangible that a person can do when having a terrible body image moment or day? I need something more effective than just repeating affirmations... there must be something that can help! It’s the biggest roadblock to my ED recovery, I cannot tolerate my body so I give in to behaviors.
8. Can you recommend any tips to help stop painful past memories from suddenly popping into my head at random times of the day & night? I'm fed up & exhausted from reliving all the sad emotions it brings up.
9. Medication vs talk therapy for depression?
I'm Kati Morton, a licensed therapist making Mental Health videos!
JOURNALING CLUB Every Tuesday & Friday I post a journal prompt to help keep you motivated and working on yourself! Join Here!
Ordering my book Are u ok?
My Amazon Suggestions Often I'm referencing books and other items that people find helpful. MORE INFO
I do not currently offer online therapy. BetterHelp can connect you with a licensed, online counselor. I receive commissions on referrals to BetterHelp. I only recommend services I know and trust.
2nd PODCAST Kati and her husband Sean are talking. They have opinions but mostly, Opinions That Don't Matter!
PO Box #665 1223 Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90403
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call a local emergency telephone number or go immediately to the nearest emergency room.
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/katimorton)