This week Kyna & Natalee are joined by their dear friend Audry all the way from Japan. They roll deep in human sacrifice as they dive into the morbid, spooky, and random historical nuggets regarding advanced early civilizations! Kyna kicks off the episode at one of the Seven Wonders of the New World, Chichen Itzá. There is human sacrifice, deadly ballgames, and even surprisingly a giant snake... she still hates snakes though. Audry paints us a picture of a wild Aztec sacrifice that includes a flower crown, flute, and four brides. Finally, Natalee blesses us with more lists and talks about early tools in history!
Our promo this week is from our friends at Cheers From the Grave!! We highly recommend you give them a listen :)
- Want to be featured in our next Extra AF episode? E-mail your historical experiences, the funny/weird stories from your hometown, a family story or legend, and your true crime/paranormal experiences to [email protected]!
- We have new merch! Mason jars are here and we couldn't be more pumped! They are a Southerner's dream… https://shop.spreadshirt.com/historicalafpod/
- To get access to exclusive additional content, join Patreon today at https://www.patreon.com/HistoricalAFPod! Patreon members have early access to the podcast and enjoy benefits like book lists, bucket lists, bloopers, drunk dives, deleted scenes, and more!!
- Finally, don't forget to rate and review us on Apple Podcast, Stitcher, Facebook and, the like to help us become more visible!
- Artwork by Kyna Stys
- Intro & Outro Music by Camilo GP
- Hold Music by Lobo Loco-Pianoman Play Sofa Again (Copyright/Royalty Free Download from Jamendo Music)
- Sound Effects from Free Music Archive, Sound Bible, Free Sound, and Fesliyan Studios