How to prevent injuries at all costs, prevention is always better than cure.
Preventing injuries at all costs
Most sporting injuries occur to ligaments, tendons and muscles, with only about 5% of sports injuries involving broken bones. Most frequent sports injuries are sprains (injuries to ligaments) and strains (injuries to muscles) caused when an abnormal stress is placed on tendons, joints, bones and muscle.
Ways to reduce injury:
• Wear the right equipment - Comfortable clothing and appropriate footwear;
• Increase flexibility - Stretching exercises before and after exercise;
• Strengthen muscles – Adding resistance exercises to your workouts;
• Use the correct technique- This should be reinforced during the initial stages;
• Take breaks – Certain rest periods can reduce injuries and prevent heat illness;
• Stop your workout - If there is sharp pain or a pain that is getting worse with your activity.
• Avoid heat injury - By drinking plenty of fluids before, during and after exercise. Decrease or stop during high heat/humidity periods and prevent heat injury by wearing lighter clothing.