“If you sit on my lap today, A new Nightcaps at the Theater Christmas special will come your way!” That’s right kids; it’s the most wonderful time of the year, Christmas! And what could stir up our beloved childhood memories more than re-watching our favorite Rankin-Bass stop motion, abominable monstrosities, with a few close friends, and copious amounts of liquor? Just don’t get so wasted you can’t put “one foot in front of the other.” Tonight, the podcast takes a look at THREE “seminal” (using that term loosely) Christmas Films. We go through the R & B Holiday canon with Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964) Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town (1970) & The Year Without A Santa Clause (1974). Even if you’re a Miser Brother we bet you won’t be able to resist singing along!
Listen, Rate, Review, and Subscribe to us on Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, etc. instead. Share this nostalgic spirit of Christmas wonder; never stop believing in Santa…or the power of booze!
Tonight, on the Marquee:
- Having a Holly Jolly Christmas with R & B’s Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964) Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town (1970) & The Year Without A Santa Clause (1974).
- Santa Claus?! An Asshole?!
- Fast Forward Song ™.
- The Media Pushing the Santa Agenda.
- Stupid Kids Questioning Narrators.
- In-Breeding Elves/Penguin Smooches.
- Rankin Bass’s “Christmas Shoes.”
- No One Would Even Miss Me…
- Claus Drag King.
- Southern Children From Brooklyn.
- Santa’s Grog.
- Stereotypical Diversity and A Colorblind Christmas.
Obsessed with the Rankin-Bass Holiday Canon – Jonathan’s Passion Project.
“I’m Named After Mommy’s Favorite Drink…Fireball.”
North Pole Toxicity/Gender Pressures.
“No Sit, No Kiss, No You for You!”
“Mayor Mister – Mister Mayor.”
“So Long, South Town!”
Jingle X Jangle.
Reindeer Math + Pussy Muff.
"God Bless My Soul." - Santa is Too Good.
Art Provided By: John Cafiero @bonehaver420
Music: “Four Way” – William Ross Chernoff's Nomads