In this episode, Andre talks with Evan Shoemaker about using a subscription pricing model for their agency, his communication strategy and solutions to common pitfalls.
- How he went from customizing themes for $500, to building large custom sites for companies like Gosite, Optimize, CrazyEgg, Drift, Student Loan Hero and more.
- Making the decision to be a world-class developer vs being a business owner.
- Turning a passion for product design into a business identity.
- How using a subscription model for your agency can be beneficial for both you and your client.
- How using a subscription model can replace "maintenance plans" with a better ongoing relationship and get better results for clients.
- How using a 2-week sprint model helps define a continual, flexible scope, and makes last-minute requests easier to discuss.
- Benefits of a project manager also being an account manager in an agency.
- How to communicating boundaries upfront has been super helpful to prevent unreasonable requests.
- How tracking project profitability has been one of the most helpful metrics when building an agency.
Support the show (https://projecthuddle.com)