Friendship with God scripturally is grounded in intimacy—not acquaintanceship. Missionary Jim Elliot “Not what another knows of me measures his friendship, but what he has shared with me.”
To be God’s friend is more than knowing about Him. Friends enjoy each other’s company. Friendship is close, personal knowledge. It is one thing for God to teach us which path to take—this is a blessing. But it’s another for Him to reveal Himself to us. For God to make us his friends seems unimagineable.
Those who fear the Lord are granted into to the intimacy of friendship with Him; are permitted to come into His presence, and to partake of His counsels; are allowed free access to Him; or fellowship with Him.
For a copy of the show notes visit: www.unfoldingwords.com/blog/episode49
Reach Out and Chat
Join the conversation on social media by chatting about the show with the hashtag: #unfoldingwords
Connect with me on social media:
If you enjoyed this episode head over to Apple Podcasts (http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/unfolding-words/id1390433611?mt=2) or Stitcher https://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=189030&refid=stpr (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/unfolding-words?refid=stpr) kindly leave a 5-star rating, a review and subscribe if you haven't already!
Help Spread the Word:
We'd love it if you could please share #Unfolding Words with your Twitter followers. Click Here To Post A Tweet
Ways to subscribe to Unfolding Words
- Click to subscribe via Apple Podcasts (http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/unfolding-words/id1390433611?mt=2)
- Click to listen on Google Podcast (http://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5idXp6c3Byb3V0LmNvbS8xODA5NDgucnNz)
- Click to subscribe via Spotify(http://open.spotify.com/show/3SfAJ6dbzkqZhPRMd5Rhsl?si=YdqW7JE4Qmynakt_ydPGMQ)
- Click to subscribe via Stitcher (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/unfolding-words?refid=stpr)
- Click to subscribe via RSS (http://feeds.buzzsprout.com/180948.rss)
Support the show (https://cash.app/$UnfoldingWords)