Salt is a preservative that works only when it penetrates into food, and becomes useless when contaminated by other chemical substances. It must remain pure to do its job. In the same way, Christ followers must influence society while keeping themselves from being influenced by sin in the world.
Similarly, light cuts through darkness. To know the truth and fail to stand for it, Jesus says, is as senseless as lighting a lamp and putting it under a basket. In other words, we don’t just live out our faith inside the walls of our churches and of our homes. We’re not to be of the world, but we’re to be in the world. We’re citizens of an earthly kingdom as well as a heavenly one.
Reach Out and Chat
Join the conversation on social media by chatting about the show with the hashtag: #unfoldingwords
Also, leave a comment on: www.unfoldingwords.com/blog/episode43
Connect with me on social media:
If you enjoyed this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts (http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/unfolding-words/id1390433611?mt=2) or https://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=189030&refid=stpr (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/unfolding-words?refid=stpr) kindly leave a 5-star rating, a review and subscribe!
Help Spread the Word:
We'd love it if you could please share #Unfolding Words with your Twitter followers. Click Here To Post A Tweet
Ways to subscribe to Unfolding Words
- Click to subscribe via Apple Podcasts (http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/unfolding-words/id1390433611?mt=2)
- Click to listen on Google Podcast (http://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5idXp6c3Byb3V0LmNvbS8xODA5NDgucnNz)
- Click to subscribe via Spotify(http://open.spotify.com/show/3SfAJ6dbzkqZhPRMd5Rhsl?si=YdqW7JE4Qmynakt_ydPGMQ)
- Click to subscribe via Stitcher (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/unfolding-words?refid=stpr)
- Click to subscribe via RSS (http://feeds.buzzsprout.com/180948.rss)
Support the show (https://cash.app/$UnfoldingWords)