1. Hi Kati! When I talk about my parents/ my childhood, I’m constantly worried I’m making things up / remembering it wrong / not being objective. How do you deal with this? How can you help someone understand their childhood when all you have is some blurred memories from only the patient’s perspective? Thanks and take care x
2. How to cope with being a highly sensitive person, especially when someone's just discovered it, within the last week or so. Also, how to think positively about it, if the discovery is causing grief.
3. How does a therapist find giving online therapy? You’ve talked about how we might find it, but if you are doing this during the lockdown, what’s it like for you?
4. How to deal with self-harm intrusive thoughts during quarantine? Being constantly at home and not working is making my intrusive thoughts more loud and persistent, which often drags me to anxiety attacks. Any tips on how to calm this down?
5. How to deal with your trauma when you feel like it's all out in the open because you were triggered and started talking about it in therapy, but now therapy is on hold because of corona... It feels like this wound is cut open and no one to help me close it because it's not physical, and not Corona related, so not urgent.
6. How to deal with toxic family/people I live with at this time? Not sure if you've answered this before
7. The more isolated I am, the less I want company. Since quarantine started I even stopped talking to people on social media. Why and how to fix it?
8. Mental health-related: Would it be treating you depression to quit things? I used to love gymnastics but lately, I don’t. Should I quit since I don’t enjoy it and it’s kinda stressing me out or should I continue because I used to love it and probably still do besides my depression? I have always wondered how anxiety and depression can be related. I mean I believe it’s true, I have been diagnosed with both, but anxiety makes me worry about everything and depression makes me not care about anything. That kinda contrasts feelings and I’m super confused about it. Not mental health-related: If you were not a therapist what would you like to be? What are some of your hobbies? And what were your hobbies when you were young?
9. How do you find a fitting therapist? Like how do you determine, if you want to see a man or women, older or younger, etc. - and how to distinguish between what you want and what you 'should'.....
Watch this episode on YouTube HERE
I'm Kati Morton, a licensed therapist making Mental Health videos!
Every Tuesday & Friday I post a journal prompt to help keep you motivated and working on yourself! https://www.youtube.com/katimorton/join
Are u ok?
My Amazon Suggestions
I do not currently offer online therapy. BetterHelp can connect you with a licensed, online counselor. I receive commissions on referrals to BetterHelp. I only recommend services I know and trust.
Do you want to help me support the creation of mental health videos? https://www.katimorton.com/kati-morton-patreon/
PO Box #665 1223 Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90403
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/katimorton)