This week on Ask Kati Anything, we're going over some great mental health questions! Put your headphones on and spend a little me time :)
1) How does a person regain confidence in themselves to do a certain job, when employers think they are worthless?
2) Hey Kati, I have been seeing my therapist for a little over a year now. I struggle with depression and my therapist said it may be time to see a psychiatrist. At this point, I'm tired of feeling shitty so I'll try anything. I'm so afraid of medication side effects though. For example, weight gain is a common issue but I have body image issues already and if I gain weight these issues might worsen.
3) How to set up healthy boundaries during this time?
4) Do comfort and solace have to come from within? If so how the heck do you do it? I think one of the reasons I binge eat is to provide myself comfort because I have no one to provide it to me (dealing with pdd and childhood emotional neglect). I’ve been trying to build my support network but I am wondering if the piece I’m missing is what I need to be providing myself.
5) Please talk about dealing with hypersexuality as a result of childhood sexual abuse. Most stuff that I've found on the topic always assume bipolar disorder. But I'm not bipolar so I find it difficult to relate to their advice.
6) How do you deal with the fear and anxiety of growing up? I just turned 19 and I feel very overwhelmed. I'm not the best at living in the moment because I'm so desperately trying to hold onto the things that brought me happiness in the past. I know it sounds morbid but I feel like I wasn't supposed to make it to this age like I'm never going to do something important enough to 'earn my spot' like at this point I'm just taking up space
7) I was diagnosed with CPTSD and I’m having trouble remembering the details of what happened. How can I process it if I can’t remember the details?
Video Version of this Podcast
Ordering Kati's book
Are u ok?
Kati's Amazon Suggestions
I do not currently offer online therapy. BetterHelp can connect you with a licensed, online counselor. I receive commissions on referrals to BetterHelp. I only recommend services I know and trust.
Do you want to help me support the creation of mental health videos? https://www.katimorton.com/kati-morton-patreon/
Opinions That Don't Matter! (2nd podcast)
PO Box #665 1223 Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90403
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call a local emergency telephone number or go immediately to the nearest emergency room.
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/katimorton)