In episode 13 of Kati Morton's podcast Ask Kati Anything! ep 13 she answers these questions:
1. How can I deal with the anger, frustration, sadness, powerlessness of seeing Black people killed every day for no good reason? I'm sick of things and the system not changing. I'm anxious and worried for my Black friends' safety. I can't sleep; I can't focus; I can't stop crying…
2. Can you talk in-depth about intellectualization? I learned about it in therapy as I talked about childhood trauma...
3. Hi Kati, I always struggle with the start of my sessions. My therapist usually starts with asking 'how was your week?' It feels impolite to launch into how I've been, I feel like I should ask her....
4. Is feeling like I don’t deserve therapy or crying because other people “had it worse than me” is a sign of emotional deprivation schema? What is this emotional deprivation schema anyway?
5. how to not look like a complete failure when you run into acquaintances and you don't want to explain your bad mental health? I dropped out of college last year and in the ...
6. Hey Kati, what can I do to stop internalizing anger? I don't even realise it anymore when I get angry at someone and I'm turning against myself instead.
7. Since we can ask you anything... What are your hobbies?
8. Hi Kati! I have anxiety and depression, and I can never shut my brain off during the day or at night. My question is, how can you control constant worry thoughts that come out of nowhere? Also, some of the worry thoughts are about opening up to ...
9.Hi Kati. I know it's normal, but is it HEALTHY for a person who experienced numerous sexual traumas in the past to completely lose interest in sex? If such person doesn't want to engage in any sexual nor intimate relationships - does it mean they're still processing the past trauma and they will get back their interest in sex once they fully heal? Or would you say that it's possible and healthy for such person to fully heal from the past abuse, yet never be able to engage with someone sexually ever again, and they just need to accept it? xx
Every Tuesday & Friday Kati posts a journal prompt to help keep you motivated and working on yourself! https://www.youtube.com/katimorton/join
Where to get Kati's book
Are u ok?
Kati's Amazon Suggestions
I do not currently offer online therapy. BetterHelp can connect you with a licensed, online counselor. I receive commissions on referrals to BetterHelp. I only recommend services I know and trust.
Do you want to help me support the creation of mental health videos? https://www.katimorton.com/kati-morton-patreon/
Opinions That Don't Matter! (2nd podcast)
PO Box #665 1223 Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90403
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call a local emergency telephone number or go immediately to the nearest emergency room.
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/katimorton)