Audience questions for Ask Kati Anything #15
1. I was wondering how to cope with grieving the loss of therapy and not seeing one's therapist again (assuming that one wouldn't be able to go back to therapy at least for a while)?
2. I moved into college 7 weeks ago and have been full-on relapsing into anorexia since then. I have been telling my therapist about it, but I don't want to go back to recovery at...
3. What would you say to your patients/clients if they came in and told you they felt like they were wasting your time? Here lately I feel like I’m...
4. Can depression alter your brain permanently? Even after a depressive episode is over it feels as if my mental capacity is not the same as it used to be. As though I've lost parts of myself...
5. I just wanted to know if seeing a male therapist after not having any kind of relationship with men, (because of trauma) therapeutic in itself? I know part of my therapy was...
6. Hi Kati, recently I realized during therapy I was emotionally neglected since the age of 6. I know my parents did what they could with the knowledge/skills they...
7. If somebody is feeling like they don’t deserve help or feels extremely tired of trying to fight and therefore distances away from their therapist and maybe begins to miss appointments and ...
8. Hey Kati! My therapist hasn't given me a diagnosis yet, and it makes me wonder if maybe I don't really have anything going on to be diagnosed. I don't know how to ...
9. Huge struggle I have and I really hope this gets in the video!! How can I know if I'm really suicidal or just feel hopeless that day and not wanting to live..
10. Why does no one like shy people? And why do honest and kind people get exploited or ignored and those with a certain "ego" and the ability to sell and present themselves...
11. What to do when you already had a lot of therapy and you would get along with yourself a lot better but you still are unable to...
12. Hi, I have been seeing a therapist and I feel like I overshare, and then when I am out of her office I regret everything I say.
Every Tuesday & Friday Kati posts a journal prompt to help keep you motivated and working on yourself! https://www.youtube.com/katimorton/join
Where to get Kati's book
Are u ok?
Kati's Amazon Suggestions
I do not currently offer online therapy. BetterHelp can connect you with a licensed, online counselor. I receive commissions on referrals to BetterHelp. I only recommend services I know and trust.
Do you want to help me support the creation of mental health videos? https://www.katimorton.com/kati-morton-patreon/
Opinions That Don't Matter! (2nd podcast)
PO Box #665 1223 Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90403
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call a local emergency telephone number or go immediately to the nearest emergency room.
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/katimorton)