Audience Questions for ep24 of Ask Kati Anything!
- Hey Kati, is it weird that I would “secretly” really like to be diagnosed with something?? I’ve been struggling mentally for about 8 months...
- I see my therapist once a week, but after each session I find myself already longing for the next session because it feels so nice to talk to her. The 6 days in between appointments feels like forever! Is this a sign of good therapy, or an unhealthy attachment? Does it mean I should ask for more...
- In what way are therapists 'responsible' for you? If you commit suicide or homicide, how can they investigate how much you told your therapist about your plans?
- Hi Kati, is it normal to feel abandoned/rejected when your therapist has to cancel a session? Recently we had a hurricane in NJ and...
- Hey Kati! I have been diagnosed with GAD for a while. Whenever I’m trying to concentrate, whether it’s reading something, or trying to do school, my brain won’t stop thinking about...
- Do you think it can be traumatizing to hit a child for discipline?
- Hi Kati. How can I avoid building an unhealthy relationship with my therapist? I decided to try out therapy and I've been pouring my heart out to him. The thing is...
- Hi Kati, I hope you're doing great. I wanted to ask you how to bring the topic of sex to my therapist and how to better deal with it. I was sexually assaulted by my...
- Hi Kati! Will dissociation always be a part of my life? Considering that it’s a coping skill that I honed since...
- Hey Kati, I told a friend that I struggle with self harm and an eating disorder. At the moment things are really bad for me. I often see the person who abused me because of Corona. He doesn’t do anything anymore, but...
- Hi Kati. How can I find out what I truly want? I always seek my therapist's opinion; she says it's all somewhere inside of me, but I can't see it. I always think other people know better what I need or want so...
- Hi Kati, I fear the day that the people I care about will pass away. When I think of this, "What if I just die before they're gone, I wouldn't hurt that much." is what I tell...
Every Tuesday & Friday Kati posts a journal prompt to help keep you motivated and working on yourself! https://www.youtube.com/katimorton/join
Where to get Kati's book
Are u ok?
Kati's Amazon Suggestions
I do not currently offer online therapy. BetterHelp can connect you with a licensed, online counselor. I receive commissions on referrals to BetterHelp. I only recommend services I know and trust.
Do you want to help me support the creation of mental health videos? https://www.katimorton.com/kati-morton-patreon/
Opinions That Don't Matter! (2nd podcast)
PO Box #665 1223 Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90403
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call a local emergency telephone number or go immediately to the nearest emergency room.
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/katimorton)