FounderLine host Joe Beninato and his guest, angel investor Mark Goines, answer listener questions including:
- Founders may find themselves self-funding the business from personal savings and drawing no salary during early days. If the business makes it to a professional funding round, are there ways for the founders to fairly recover some or all of their investment?
- Angels seem to take a lot of risk. Why do they do it?
- What's happening in the education startup space?
- What is the #1 reason you've seen companies fail? Is it founders disagreeing? Lack of product/market fit? Inability to raise money?
- Do you have any advice on the best way to find the right investors for my startup?
In the "Ask The Lawyer" segment, Mitch Zuklie of Orrick discusses making board meetings productive.