FounderLine is a live weekly webcast devoted to helping startup founders succeed, hosted by seven-time startup entrepreneur and investor Joe Beninato. Each week, Joe welcomes an experienced entrepreneur or investor to discuss startup-related topics and field questions from entrepreneurs around the world. FounderLine is broadcast live, and viewers are welcome to send questions via email or twitter. For more information, go to founderline.com.
In this episode, host Joe Beninato and guest Josh Stein of DFJ answer viewer questions including:
- People talk about a valuation "bubble". What would it look like if this bubble pops, and how can we hedge against it?
- How quickly do you make a decision on an investment? What are the key things you look for? Is it team? Product? Something else?
- How do you envision deal terms changing for later stage investments due to the increase in non traditional investors (e.g mutual funds) with different risk tolerances and liquidity expectations?
- How does DFJ make a decision to invest in a revolutionary technologies that are aimed at the distant future like SpaceX, Planet Labs, Tesla, SolarCity…?
- I’m choosing between two startup jobs: one has a team I know well but I don’t really believe in the product, and the other where I believe in the product but don’t know the team. Do you have any advice?