FounderLine is a live weekly webcast devoted to helping startup founders succeed, hosted by seven-time startup entrepreneur and investor Joe Beninato. Each week, Joe welcomes an experienced entrepreneur or investor to discuss startup-related topics and field questions from entrepreneurs around the world. FounderLine is broadcast live, and viewers are welcome to send questions via email or twitter. For more information, go to founderline.com.
In this episode, host Joe Beninato and guest Kent Goldman of Upside Partnership answer viewer questions including:
- If you're joining a startup of about 50 people, how can you really tell if they're doing well?
- I work for a ‘unicorn' company in SF. Are there ways a startup employee can cash out of some of their stock options without upsetting the company?
- Today's NY Times has an article about there being too much capital available right now. Do you anticipate a market correction? Do you think this would be a benefit?
- How much customer traction do you need to see to make an investment in a startup?
- I've been working for 3 years in a large tech company. I've been considering joining a startup vs. getting an MBA. Do investors value MBAs? What would you recommend I do?