FounderLine is a live weekly webcast devoted to helping startup founders succeed, hosted by seven-time startup entrepreneur and investor Joe Beninato. Each week, Joe welcomes an experienced entrepreneur or investor to discuss startup-related topics and field questions from entrepreneurs around the world. FounderLine is broadcast live, and viewers are welcome to send questions via email or twitter. For more information, go to founderline.com.
In this episode, host Joe Beninato and guest James Joaquin of Obvious Ventures answer viewer questions including:
- Given the volatility in the stock markets right now, is there anything startups should be doing to weather the storm?
- What are some of the characteristics of the best CEOs you've ever worked with?
- When Obvious is considering an investment, how do you assess whether it's WorldPositive? What do you do if you think a company going to be a winner, but doesn’t meet your criteria?
- What is the most important founder attribute when you are considering to invest at your stage, and how does that change as the company grows bigger?
- How do you know if/when it's time to pivot?