Today's Minisode is on Positive Affirmations.
This episode is based around the below article:
Boosting Your Self-Esteem:
Summary Of Creating your Positive Affirmation:
(1) Think about the areas of your life that you’d like to change: We can use positive affirmations to control negative feelings such as frustration or overcome a bad habit. So think about a positive change you’d like to see in your life. Write down a few ideas.
(2) Be sure that your affirmation is credible and achievable. For example, if you want to start exercising, don’t vow to run 5 miles right off the bat; ease into it. Mind Tools uses the example of raising your confidence to ask for a raise, rather than affirming that you will magically double your salary. How we phrase things matter and perspective is key.
(3) Remember to Turn negatives into positives. Visit the Cognitive Restructuring if you need to, to remove that negative self-talk and replace it with a positive affirmation.
(4) Write your affirmation in the present tense. Use “I am” phrases; speak the statement as if it is already happening; make it true in this moment.
(5) Say it with feeling. Be resolute in your affirmation; actually want this change to occur. It needs to be meaningful to you. It needs to resonate and compliment your morals and core values. Here are a few examples:
- I can do this!
- I am successful.
- I have plenty of creativity for this project.
- I am excellent at what I do!
- I am a leader in my organization.
If you'd like to hang out with me more, check out my YouTube Channel - TierTwo Works
Suggestions, Comments, and Requests are Welcomed!
Email me directly at [email protected]
Podcast Elevator Pitch:
Settle into bed, tuck in the covers, and snuggle up as Cari reads you a bedtime story; or grab a copy and read along! Hello and Welcome to “Reading with Cari” a Mindfulness Podcast series that can be used as a Sleep Aid or to ease your anxiety and relieve your stress. I am your host, Cari Favole, and I am so thankful that you’ve decided to spend some time with me.
INTRO & OUTRO SONG CREDITS:
Easy Lemon 30 Second by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/