Learn how to challenge the rules of your industry and keep your team creative, imaginative, curious, and intuitive with our guest, Duncan Wardle. Wardle is the former head of innovation and creativity at Disney. He now brings his Disney experience to audiences around the world, helping people capture unlikely connections that lead to both disruptive thinking and revolutionary ideas.
Our episode guest is Duncan Wardle, the former head of innovation and creativity at Disney. He now brings his Disney experience to audiences around the world, helping people capture unlikely connections that lead to both disruptive thinking and revolutionary ideas.
Innovation is no longer about thriving; it’s about survival. You must be creative to stay relevant.
Five things you’ll learn from this episode:
- How might we challenge the rules of our industry?
- How might we prioritize innovation at our company?
- What steps leaders can take to encourage creativity?
- Why should we spend a day with consumers of our products and services?
- Why is playfulness important to your creative strategy?
- “If you think we’re going back to business as usual, you’re in for a nasty surprise.” — @duncanjwardle
- “Now is the time to take time, challenge, and pivot yourself. Take all the rules of your industry, list those rules, and ask, ‘what if?’” — @duncanjwardle
- “If you’re only looking at big data, you’re looking at the same data your competition has.” — @duncanjwardle
- “Go and work in the front lines of the brand you represent one day a year. And go spend a day in the living room of one of your consumers. You’ll be amazed by what you find.” — @duncanjwardle
- “The four traits you were born with — creativity, imagination, curiosity, and intuition — will not be programmed into artificial intelligence any time in the next decade.” — @duncanjwardle
If you enjoyed the episode, would you please leave us a review?
About Duncan Wardle:
As Head of Innovation & Creativity at Disney, Duncan helped teams at Disney Parks, Lucasfilm, Marvel, Pixar, Imagineering, and Animation to innovate, creating magical new storylines and amazing experiences for consumers across the globe.
He now brings his Disney experience to audiences around the world, delivering a series of keynotes, masterclasses, and ideation forums that help people capture unlikely connections and lead to both disruptive thinking and revolutionary ideas.
About your host Jason Mudd:
On Top of PR host, Jason Mudd, is the CEO and managing partner of Axia Public Relations. He is a trusted adviser and dynamic strategist for some of America’s most admired brands. Since 1994, he's worked with American Airlines, Budweiser, Dave & Buster’s, H&R Block, Hilton, HP, Miller Lite, NeReviewMaxer
On Top of PR brought to you by ReviewMaxer
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/OnTopofPR)