Learn how to pitch to the media with our guest Jeff Haden. He is a contributing editor for Inc. Magazine, which averages 2.5 million readers a month. He’s also a LinkedIn influencer, bestselling author, and keynote speaker.
Our episode guest is Jeff Haden, Inc. Magazine contributing editor, which averages 2.5 million readers a month. He’s also a LinkedIn influencer, bestselling author, and keynote speaker.
There is a right and wrong way to pitch to the media.
Five things you’ll learn from this episode:
- How should you pitch to reporters?
- Why should you build relationships with reporters?
- How can you build relationships with reporters?
- How can you pitch your company in a way that is helpful to audiences?
- Why should you vet the reporter before an interview?
- “One of my pet peeves of pitching is saying, ‘this would be very interesting to your readers,’ and then it has nothing to do with anything I’ve ever written before.” — @jeff_haden
- “If I’m going to write about a company or an entrepreneur, I want them to have something actionable, useful, or helpful that people can benefit from.” — @jeff_haden
- “If you help me, I don’t forget you.”— @jeff_haden
- “It starts with a story, but the story has to be one that has value and merit.” — @jeff_haden
- “For ghostwriting, I build your house, but I don’t get to live in it.” — @jeff_haden
- “There is no job that doesn’t allow you to help people in some fashion.”— @jeff_haden
If you enjoyed the episode, would you please leave us a review?
Contact info and resources:
Presented by: ReviewMaxer, the platform for monitoring, improving, and promoting online customer reviews.
About your host Jason Mudd
On Top of PR host, Jason Mudd, is the CEO and managing partner of Axia Public Relations. He is a trusted adviser and dynamic strategist for some of America’s most admired brands. Since 1994, he's worked with American Airlines, Budweiser, Dave & Buster’s, H&R Block, Hilton, HP, Miller Lite, New York Life, Pizza Hut, Southern Comfort, and Verizon. He founded Axia in 2002.ReviewMaxer
On Top of PR brought to you by ReviewMaxer
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/OnTopofPR)