Learn about when, how, and what to disclose as a social media influencer with our guest Paavana Kumar. Kumar is the Advertising, Marketing, and Promotions Attorney for Davis & Gilbert Law Firm.
Our guest is Paavana Kumar, a marketing, media, advertising, and promotions attorney from Davis & Gilbert Law Firm.
Learning more about disclosing brands/products for social media influencers
Five things you’ll learn from this episode:
- What are the legal regulations for companies and influencers on disclosures?
- What are the advantages of bringing in legal counsel early in a disclosure?
- When and how do I make good disclosures?
- What are some tips on how to better manage influencer disclosures?
- What are important aspects of disclosing products that I should know about?
- “Material connection is not just payment.” - @LPaavana
- “The fact that they’re issuing warning letters to influencers themselves shows they’re not afraid to take actions against individuals either.” - @LPaavana
- “They’ll hold companies to a reasonable standard of training, monitoring, and ultimately taking action if an influencer is not complying with these disclosure obligations.” [email protected]
- “The FTC is not prescriptive in how to make those disclosures.” - @LPaavana
- “You can’t require a consumer to only post if it’s positive because that would violate the requirement.” - @LPaavana
If you enjoyed the episode, would you please leave us a review?
About Paavana Kumar:
Paavana Kumar is a marketing, media, advertising, and promotions attorney. She is deeply involved in all aspects of social media marketing, social and experiential activations, influencer and native advertising, and related promotions.
About your host Jason Mudd:
On Top of PR host, Jason Mudd, is the CEO and managing partner of Axia Public Relations. He is a trusted adviser and dynamic strategist for some of America’s most admired brands. Since 1994, he's worked with American Airlines, Budweiser, Dave & Buster’s, H&R Block, Hilton, HP, Miller Lite, New York Life, Pizza Hut, Southern Comfort, and Verizon. He founded Axia in 2002.
Presented by: ReviewMaxer, the platform for monitoring, improving, and promoting online customer reviews. ReviewMaxer
On Top of PR brought to you by ReviewMaxer
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/OnTopofPR)