In which I use a global biomass census and Predator vs. ET simulations (among other things!) to explore what it takes to sustain large, vibrant cities without killing the world.
- Edenicity Reference Design.
- Yinon M. Bar-On, Rob Phillips, and Ron Milo, The biomass distribution on Earth, PNAS June 19, 2018 115 (25) 6506-6511; first published May 21, 2018.
- Kayler, Z.; Janowiak, M.; Swanston, C. 2017. Global Carbon. (June, 2017). U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Climate Change Resource Center.
- UNEP GEAS, One Planet, How Many People? A Review of Earth’s Carrying Capacity, June, 2012.
- Worldometer: World Population by Year, 2020.
- Randy Olson, Percentage of Bachelor’s degrees conferred to women, by major (1970-2012), June 14, 2014.
- Juan Forero, Brazil's Falling Birth Rate: A 'New Way Of Thinking', NPR, January 15, 2012.
- Neil Howe, Nations Labor To Raise Their Birthrates, Forbes, Mar 29, 2019
Support the show (https://teespring.com/stores/edenicity)