FounderLine is a live weekly webcast devoted to helping startup founders succeed, hosted by seven-time startup entrepreneur and investor Joe Beninato. Each week, Joe welcomes an experienced entrepreneur or investor to discuss startup-related topics and field questions from entrepreneurs around the world. FounderLine is broadcast live, and viewers are welcome to send questions via email or twitter. For more information, go to founderline.com.
In this episode, host Joe Beninato and guest Satish Dharmaraj of Redpoint Ventures answer viewer questions including:
- Zimbra was quite ahead of its time, integrating both cloud and mobile when mobile was still young and the cloud didn't yet exist. What was the process for coming up with the product? How did you describe Zimbra when pitching it to VCs?
- How does a seed stage company get noticed by an investor like you?
- What are the main advantages and disadvantages of an uncapped note versus a priced round?
- What are the characteristics of the most successful founders you've worked with? Any patterns?
- It seems there are too many startups and not enough great employees to go around. Would a correction that culled some weaker start-ups be a net positive in the long run?