Battery restrictions and Optimized apps
Thanks to the latest Google restrictions, the app MUST be excluded from the device's Optimized App list in order to work properly.
How to exclude the app from the device Optimized apps list?
Without it, many basic features of the app will not work properly, such as Automatic download, Resuming podcast update after a network failure, Resuming playback when connecting to a headset, ...
Google now offers new ways for apps to handle these tasks, BUT only for some of the app's features. The other features will not be able to work anymore on devices Running Android 12 or newer unless the user excludes the app from the device's Optimized App list.
Even the new recommended methos are not garanteed to work, as it depends on a Quota that will be set by the device manufacturer. So maybe the first few calls to these services will be able to work before being denied by the device.
That's why the app must be set to Unrestricted in the device's Battery settings, so that it can keep working as usual. Of course this will have no negative effect on the app battery usage, because it just means that the app will be able to do its job and nothing more.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
- Open the "Settings" app on your Android device.
- Scroll down and tap on the "Apps" or "Application Manager" option.
- Find PODCAST ADDICT in the list and tap on it.
- Look for a "Battery" or "Optimization" option within the app's settings, and tap on it.
- Toggle off the "Optimize" or "Allow optimization" option or switch to "Unrestricted" depending on the options available.
- The app should now be excluded from the Optimized apps list and the app will be able to work as intended.